2009-10 Speaker Series
October 1, 2009
James Otteson, Yeshiva University
"The Scottish Enlightenment on the Promise and Peril of Commercial Society"
October 26, 2009
Patrick Deneen, Georgetown University
"The Sustainable Republic and the Alternative Tradition in America"
November 12, 2009
Paul Rahe, Hillsdale College
"Machiavelli and the Anti-Political Foundations of Politics in the Modern Republic"
March 24-26, 2010
Third Annual Conference on Great Books and Ideas
The Ancient Republic and the Birth of Political Philosophy
Jacob Howland, University of Tulsa
"Plato's Republic and the Politics of Convalescence"
- Rachael Bishop
- Jaclyn Crumbley
- Brice Odom
- Kristin Tindall
- Kevin Cherry, University of Richmond
- Daniel Cullen, Rhodes College
- Joseph Knippenberg, Oglethorpe University
- Sean Mattie, Clayton State University
- Joshua Parens, University of Dallas
- Aristide Tessitore, Furman University
Mary P. Nichols, Baylor University
"Aristotle's Critique of Plato as Support for a Republican Politics"